Congratulations to Regina Pisa, the managing partner of Goodwin Procter LLP, on being labeled as the second most admired law firm leader [behind Robert M. Dell, chairman and managing partner of the law firm Latham & Watkins LLP and tied with Lee I. Miller, Firm joint chief executive officer of DLA Piper US LLP].
The survey was conducted by Edge International. Edge asked 60 law firm managing partners to identify which law firm leaders, from firms other than their own, they admired the most for their management and leadership competence.
When identifying the qualities that made their selection admirable, the most common responses were:
- a willingness to make change
- promote ambitious agendas
- the ability to handle tough issues
- ability to get people within the firm aligned
- a commitment to maintaining the core values of the firm
To me it also interesting to note how many of these qualities line up with the goals of of knowledge management.